[Nfbc-info] Can blind people own cars in California?

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Sat Sep 26 03:29:39 UTC 2009

    Carolin.  My brother, who is totally blind, Frank Peterson owns and
insures a truck and has done so for years. I owned a couple different cars
and in all cases had insurance. I think in one case I purchased insurance in
the name of a co-owner but in the other cases I was a nondriver.
In fact State farm was a really good company helping me recover damages from
a party on century 21 who rear-ended my car.
Most likely those telling you you can't own a car are either misinformed
dealers or misinformed sales people for a dealership or a insurance company.
Check with State Farm tell them nondrivers is what you want.
Mike