[Nfbc-info] A few practical reasons to register for the walk today

Michael Peterson its.mike at att.net
Wed Sep 30 20:22:34 UTC 2009

Hi all.  If you haven't filled out the walker registration form just above
the sponsor form on the NFBC website you should today.  Here's why.
1.  Mary gets an accurate count of who's walking.
2.  Your name shows up on the people who need sponsors, currently we have I
think 27 and Ashley was the last to sign up.
This is important because when people come to the site to sponsor walkers
whether they know you or not they might select you as there choice.
Also once your registered to walk you can tell friends and colleagues to go
to the site and sponsor you.  They can select your name, choose an amount or
other than type in the amount than pay by check or credit card today!
3. I don't know if they did or will sponsor me but several people have
thanked me for giving advance notice so they have time to Donate--In fact
some who don't want to pay online are sending checks to both Terra and
myself for the walk.
If we waited until the last moment they wouldn't have time and probably
wouldn't.
4. If Members of the press happen to look at that sponsor form they will get
a sense of how important the walk is if they see 27 names they won't react
as posatively as they will with 177 names.
So early registration helps our public image.
Honestly Only Tiffany may know how many hits a day the website gets.  It can
be tracked for example Terra and my website got more than 500 hits Monday we
can even tell you the cities and countries they came from for example we
know of those 500 plus hits 2 came from Sacramento 1 came from Elk Grove and
several came from New York.  Some even came from Sweeden.
I'm explaining this to give you a sense of website dynamics.  You don't know
who will visit the site and anyone can donate to anyone on the list even as
a random pick more importantly anyone who chooses to look can get a sense
correctly or otherwise of how big the "largest gathering of blind people in
an most unusual place will be."
That's just four reasons to register as a walker today!  Can anyone think of
more?
By the way please remember registering for the convention is not and doesn't
include registering for the walk.  To register for the walk you must fill
out the registration form that says "walker registration"
Now the minute you fill it out go to the sponsor a walker form and scroll
down. You will within about 30-seconds see your name on the list Tifanny
designed that as automatic which is great.
I know this is true because last week when Mike Couey registered he had me
do it for him and we checked.
He was there faster than you could microwave a bag of popcorn.
If you don't understand how to register as a walker or want someone to put
you on.
call me (916-364-5663
or email me
its.mike at att.net
Here's what the form asks for
Whozit Walks the Bridge for Braille
Walker Registration Form
First Name: *
Last Name: *
Address: *
City: *
State:  *
California
  Zip: *
Email:
Home Phone:*
   Cell Phone:
 I will join the walk at: Hilton Newark Hotel
 I will join the walk at: Buena Vista Point
Submit Walker Form
Thanks for reading and registering today right now I hope while it's on your
mind.
Mike Peterson
PS Once you register You can send an email to your friends in the next
message I will cc you what I sent out.
If you like it you can use it by changeing the names of course.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4471 (20090930) __________

http://www.eset.com