[Nfbc-info] Jobsite Conversation Series

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 23:02:15 UTC 2011

She used to be my DOR Counselor. She is awesome in my humble opinion,
if any of you have the opportunity to see her pass on my hello.
Trumpeter Chela Robles

On 8/11/11, Richard Russo <rrusso at lighthouse-sf.org> wrote:
> Hello Jobseekers,
>

> I am happy to announce the LightHouse's new Jobsite Conversation Series.
> Since June, we've been providing blind or visually impaired jobseekers
> the real-world opportunity to meet and learn from some of the Bay Area's
> most successful blind professionals.
>

> Our goal is to show Bay Area jobseekers how important ambition and
> dedication are to any successful employee-and more so for blind ones.
>

> Each week we will be coordinating a group of 15 to 20 individuals to
> meet with their employed counterparts working in the Bay Area's leading
> businesses and institutions.  Visits will mostly be held on Wednesdays,
> and we are planning on scheduling visits throughout the remainder of the
> year.
>

> Our next jobsite excursion will take place on Wednesday, August 17th.
> We will be visiting Patricia Leetz, who currently works as a
> Rehabilitation Supervisor at the Department of Rehabilitation in Blind
> Field Services in Oakland.
>

> Patricia graduated from the University of Wisconsin (Madison) with a
> master's degree in rehabilitation psychology in 1991.  She worked at the
> Independent Living Resource Center (ILRC) in San Francisco for five
> years as a supervisor in the In-Home Support Services department (IHSS)
> with a primary emphasis on advocacy and political development.
> Patricia's career then shifted after taking a job as a rehabilitation
> counselor for the blind at the DOR in Berkeley for 13 years before
> securing her role as a supervisor in the Oakland DOR office.
>

> We will rendezvous at the top of the stairs/escalator leading into the
> Frank H. Ogawa Plaza at the 12th St. Oakland City Center BART station at
> 10:30 a.m. sharp.  Please note that this staircase/escalator is the most
> northwest exit from the BART station and will place you on the western
> side of the 14th and Broadway intersection.  From there we will walk to
> the Department of Rehabilitation, 1515 Clay St., #119.  Lunch will be
> provided following our talks with Patricia and her supervisor.  We
> should wrap up by 2:00 p.m.
>

> Since we will be on a strict schedule, please give yourself enough time
> to get to the BART station by 10:30 a.m.  If you find yourself running
> unavoidably late, please call my cell phone at (415) 351-9534 to make
> the required arrangements.
>

> Should you arrive in Oakland early and need a cup of coffee, there is a
> Tully's located just steps to the east from our meeting point (the top
> of the BART stairs/escalator) at 102 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
>

> Participants are encouraged to bring their cane or other mobility tool,
> as this visit is part of a larger blindness training opportunity.  The
> dress code is business casual.
>

> Please RSVP by Tuesday, August 16, as space is limited.
>

> Feel free to contact me directly with any questions or to sign up for
> the visit.

> [...]

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/Twitter/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
WindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype Name: jazzytrumpet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chela.robles
I volunteer for a non-profit organization called Bookshare, to learn more
and to join us, visit: http://www.bookshare.org
Visit my blog piece from Learning Ally and after reading and listening to
the song selection, fill out the form which requires no CAPCHAS unless
you're a robot at:
http://www.learningally.org/Blog/Access-and-Achievement/144/vobId__2525/