[Nfbc-info] Are Our Library Services in Jeopardy?

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 7 04:36:36 UTC 2011

Dear Fellow Californians:
We are just starting out with a new administration in Sacramento.  Governor
Brown has his work cut out for him.  In the next few days, weeks and months,
it will be critical for us, the organized blind, to make our voices be heard
in Sacramento about various budget cuts.

I believe it is fair to say that all of us benefit from the Library
Services.  Personally, I have a constant stream of books coming or going
from my home.

The Governor is proposing to cut library services in California for almost
the full amount of the program budget.  Or at least a significant amount so
that services in Nor Cal will feel the pinch.  This hardship will effect
blind people in California by reducing our ability to achieve literacy.

I will update this list tomorrow with an action plan for the future.  Please
stayed tuned.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net