[Nfbc-info] Fw: Facebook note

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 17:30:56 UTC 2011

On 6/14/11, Mary Willows <mwillows at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hello Californians:
>
> >From time to time, I am asked if there is anything we can do to help make
> Facebook more accessible to those of us who are screen readers.  I, have
> tried to contact the man at Facebook who is in charge of accessibility
> issues but, to no avail.
>
> Please read the following information and let your voices be heard if you
> have had accessibility problems with the website.
>

> Facebook offers its services on several platforms, including the main
> facebook.com website, the mobile m.facebook.com site and the Apps used on
> the Apple iPhone or iPad.  If you or someone you know in California is
> unable to access any particular feature offered on one of these platforms
> due to access barriers please share your experience.  NFB is actively
> working to ensure that blind users of the Facebook service are able to enjoy
> every feature of the Facebook service on every platform to the same degree
> as sighted users.  To accomplish this goal, NFB needs to hear from you
> today!  Interested individuals should contact Tim Elder by e-mail at
> telder at browngold.com or by telephone at (410) 962-1030.
>

> Regards,
>
> Timothy R. Elder
> Fellow
> Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
> 120 E. Baltimore Street
> Suite 1700
> Baltimore, MD 21202
> 410-962-1030
> Fax 410-385-0869
> telder at browngold.com
> www.browngold.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice
> This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be legally
> privileged and that is intended only for the use of the Addressee(s) named
> above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the
> recipient, please be advised that any dissemination or copying of this
> e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained
> herein, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
> please notify me immediately by use of the Reply button, and then delete the
> e-mail from your system. Thank you!

> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/cdrobles693%40gmail.com

Hello for fellow blind and vision-impaired peeps on FB here is how you
can contact the facebook accessibility team via email rather than a
form of submition from the help center via the regular facebook site
versus the m.facebook.com site here is the email address you write to
keeping in mind give them 2 or three business days to respond perhaps
a bit longer if understaffed or holiday season and tell them the
computer you use and any assistive technology and version and such and
the problem and the steps you did to get the problem so they can test
it on their end as well: accessibility+0wzw27p at support.facebook.com
Happy facebook problem reporting, all and have a fantabulous day!
--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/Twitter/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
WindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype Name: jazzytrumpet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chela.robles
I volunteer for a non-profit organization called Bookshare, to learn more
and to join us, visit: http://www.bookshare.org
Visit my blog piece from Learning Ally and after reading and listening to
the song selection, fill out the form which requires no CAPCHAS unless
you're a robot at:
http://www.learningally.org/Blog/Access-and-Achievement/144/vobId__2525/
Cell: 19252505955