[Nfbc-info] The Graduate Records Exam

Caroline Buckley&Russell Jones emmett14 at verizon.net
Thu Jun 16 18:37:38 UTC 2011

Hello California!

I am having a blindness related issue and I am wondering if you all can help.

I am applying for graduate school at California State University San
Bernardino.  One of the requirements is that I take the GRE test also known as
the graduate record examination.

If I were sighted, I could register for the computer based test today and take
it tomorrow.

Since I am blind, I have to apply for accommodations.  The process of applying
for and getting accommodations can take up to EIGHT weeks before I can actually
take the test.

I am so frustrated I cannot even say what I really think.

Any comments or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Caroline