[Nfbc-info] Encourage Starbucks to continue their braille card series

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 17:56:22 UTC 2011

And also let them know we want braille menus as well. I've not seen
any braille cards nor braille menus in my area, Concord California on
Clayton Road and even on Willowpass Road.

On 10/19/11, Lisamaria Martinez <lmartinez217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I really think we should all just do it. Starbucks has done a really
> cool thing and they should know that the blind community wants them to
> continue doing their cool thing.
>
> Lisamaria
>
> **********
>
> I know this is not huge in the scope of advocacy, yet it says a lot in
> my opinion.
>
> Starbucks right now does not plan to continue with any other braille
> Starbucks cards.  I think that is a shame.  After all, do they remove
> their wheelchair accessible tables and raise their lowered counters
> after October ends?  I think not.  Let's let Starbucks know we want to
> see these cards continue.  Please pass this info along and act on it; it
> takes only seconds.
>
> People who want to encourage  Starbucks to continue the braille cards
> should call 800 23 latte, or  800 235 2883.  Choose option #2.  I
> encourage everyone to call; if they hear from enough of us, they will
> continue.

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/cdrobles693%40gmail.com

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
WindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype Name: jazzytrumpet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chela.robles
I volunteer for a non-profit organization called Bookshare, to learn more
and to join us, visit: http://www.bookshare.org
Visit my blog piece from Learning Ally and after reading and listening to
the song selection, fill out the form which requires no CAPCHAS unless
you're a robot at:
http://www.learningally.org/Blog/Access-and-Achievement/144/vobId__2525/