[Nfbc-info] Extremely Important Update About Script Talk

Frida Aizenman aizenman at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 6 21:07:05 UTC 2012

Good afternoon every one:
This very moment, I finished talking to a gentleman by the name of Dave Bode.
Mr. Bode called me and said that if anybody wants to participate in the pilot program dealing with Script Talk, organized by En-Vision America, they are welcome to call him.
En-Vision America has a Script Talk Machine that will read all the information on my prescription container. For that purpose, I will receive the Script Talk free of charge and if I have problems with it I can call and ask questions.
Mr. Bode's  telephone number is:
(309) 452-3088.
I told him that, in the nineties, when my mom got very sick, I couldn't independently remind her to take her various pills because I could not sort them out for her. Every time I went to the pharmacy, I was given her medicine in a different kind of shaped bottle. So, I, personally, am very enthusiastic about the program.
Here below is the information:
Braille Monitor, June 2011:

En-Vision America

Prescription-Reading Device Now Available to All Blind Americans:
All blind people need to do is let En-Vision America know that they are interested in receiving the ScripTalk device and what pharmacy they use. En-Vision America is trying to persuade major pharmacy chains that this program is valuable to blind customers. The pharmacy chains maintain that there isn't enough need for them to spend the money to provide the infrared labels needed to allow the ScripTalk to read prescription labels to blind users. If enough people contact En-Vision America, it can demonstrate that the need exists. Here’s how it works: a blind patient receives the ScripTalk Station unit. The pharmacy provides infrared labels that are affixed to the medication bottles. These infrared labels are then read by the ScripTalk unit in the blind person's home. The labels contain all the information available to a sighted person, including warnings, dosage information, side effects, script number, doctor's name, etc. Here is the text of the press release:

Accessible Prescription Label Program Now Free For Blind Americans

En-Vision America, Inc., has announced a new program to aid the blind and visually impaired to obtain accessible prescriptions. Under its Pharmacy Freedom Program, eligible individuals may obtain a free ScripTalk Station patient reader that will allow them to access their prescription label information. Participating pharmacies attach a small RFID label to each prescription containing all printed information. This provides a safe, private, independent way for the blind and visually impaired to manage their medication regimen, as well as helping pharmacies to comply with ADA regulations in serving their patients. Interested individuals may contact En-Vision America to provide pharmacy details and get their free reader. Pharmacies concerned with meeting the needs of their special-needs patients may also contact the company for more information about the program.
ScripTalk Station is a cutting-edge technological solution for prescription medication information access. It has been adopted by the Veterans Administration for use in its facilities across the country. ScripTalk uses RFID (radio-frequency identification) and TTS (text-to-speech) technologies to allow those who cannot read their prescription labels a way to access the information. It is the only product on the market to provide full label information in a way that meets ADA, FDCA, and HIPAA regulations.

En-Vision America, Inc., provides high-tech products aimed at solving problems for those with visual or print impairments. Located in Normal, Illinois, En-Vision America has successfully introduced several voice-enabled products such as i.d. mate Summit, the talking bar code reader, and ScripTalk, the talking pharmaceutical reader. For additional information contact Anna McClure, En-Vision America, 1845 Hovey Ave., Normal, Illinois 61761; (800) 890-1180, fax (309) 452-3643;

www.envisionamerica.com

Again, if people want to participate,Mr. Bode's  telephone number is:
(309) 452-3088.