[Nfbc-info] additional info on horseback riding and lunch on sat, april 28

Racquel Decipeda racquelmd29 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 26 07:02:58 UTC 2012

Hello folks,

For those who had already RSVP and who are still considering joining us on
Saturday, April 28, for the horseback riding event, please see below for
additional information and directions to the horse rental location.

Please do your best to arrive by 9 am; no later than 9:30. We need to get
settled and be saddled up. I'm sure that includes being fitted for the
horse. RSVP will be very much appreciated so we could let them know in
advance. It is actually noted below.

The ride is for an hour, but also advised to allow up to one hour extra just
in case. Right after the ride we will all go across the street to Viva Fresh
Mexican Grill to have lunch. You may know of some friends and family that
may not be interested to go horseback riding, but they could certainly join
us for lunch to mingle. Again, please let me know how many are joining for
lunch so we could advise the restaurant to expect us. We're estimating we
will be done for lunch by 1:30 - 2 pm. So you could have Access Services or
whoever will be picking you up to pick you up at the restaurant around that
time.

Directions to the horse rental: 480 W. Riverside Dr. is the same location
for the L A Equestrian Center. That's one landmark you can use. 480 is a big
sign so the driver shouldn't miss it. Turn into the driveway as if you're
going to the Equestrian Center, then turn left on the first parking lot.
Drive till the end of that lot. There should be a sign that says "horse
rental." If you will need further directions, please keep 818-457-9449
handy. I've already made sure with ASI that this address is marked correctly
in their system. So hopefully that will help.

Okay, below are some things to make note of.

Trail Rides For Everyone

list of 6 items

. For safety, one rider per horse only.

. For your enjoyment all rides are guided by experienced personnel.

. Riders must be at least 6 years old and 4 feet tall.

(children under 6 - see below)

. Horses for all experience levels. Beginners are welcome!

. Basic rate: $25 per hour. All Rides CASH ONLY

. Riders over 200 lbs: please call for rates.

list end

Reservations are accepted and recommended for groups of 10 or more. Even
with a reservation, however, please allow up to one hour of additional time.
Rides consist mostly of walking with some trotting. No loping, cantering,
galloping, or running of the horses is permitted at any time. All rides go
with an experienced trail guide.

*We recommend that riders wear long pants, closed-toe shoes with a heel,
long-sleeve shirt, and sunscreen. We use Western style saddles. Riding
helmets are provided at no extra charge and are required for riders under 18
years old. Helmets are optional for adults.

After your ride, please feel free to pet your horse and tip your guide.

Rides for Children Under 6

Rides for children under 6 (or under 4 ft tall) can go on a hand-led ride.
One of our guides will lead the child on a horse. Parents are welcome to
walk along beside the child. The rate is 20 minutes for $25. CASH ONLY Also
- see Lessons.

Hope to see you on Saturday! Thank you!

Racquel Decipeda

Alternate Email: nfbevents at gmail.com