[Nfbc-info] Reminder: The California Association of Blind Students Presents: Back to School -- your first stop for semester-long success!

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 17:32:43 UTC 2012

 Summer is drawing to a close. Instead of worrying about how to handle
 things as the new school year approaches, come join the California
 Association of
 Blind Students as we discuss what would make this school year a
 successful one for you. We will discuss topics such as:

 Obtaining textbooks in an accessible format in a timely manner,

 Self advocacy

 Finding classes on the first day,

 peer interactions,

 and much more, including the National Federation of the Blind of
 California  Scholarship (yes, Free  Money!)

 The call will be held at five P.M. on Sunday August 26.

 The call in number is (218) 339-2500. The pass code is:958093.

   Don't forget to bring your questions…

 We would love to hear from you!

 The California Association Of Blind Students.

 --
 Darian Smith
2nd Vice President, California Association of Blind Students

 "Let's work together to eliminate Subminimum Wages for People with
 Disabilities"

 http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

 "To dream what is possible and to put oneself in service of that dream is
 the
 formula
 for a life well lived."

 - Dr. Peter Benson