[Nfbc-info] the redbox issue on the internet

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:53:23 UTC 2012

I'll write a petition on http://www.change.org and invite you all to
sign it and let our voices be heard unless you want to do so Mrs.
Martinez.

On 1/13/12, Lisamaria Martinez <lmartinez217 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi my NFB family,
>
> Earlier I sent a press release concerning a lawsuit filed against
> Redbox and how their DVD rental kiosks are inaccessible to blind
> people. I hope you took the time to read it.
>
> In searching around the internet to see where the Redbox press release
> was mentioned, I stumbled upon some awful comments about blind people.
> The most hanus of comments came from the Free Republic. Here is the
> link:
>
> http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/2832364/posts
>
> I really think we all should spend five minutes online writing a
> message or two to straighten out these people. Seriously? We're
> talking about comments like: who drove them to the redbox?; garbage
> like this shouldn't see the light of day; Next you know they will be
> suing Apple for no tactile keys. I really feel sorry for the blind but
> this is pushing the envelope ...
>
> I invite you to help change the attitudes of some of these ... well
> ... I'm going to be nice and not call them names. I'm sure by the time
> you read this email more comments will have been posted to this site
> and others. Help fight ignorance online by posting your own comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Lisamaria

> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/cdrobles693%40gmail.com

"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you
forever. It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated,
but when you get the two of them together in a way people can relate to,
then I think you're on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in
the purity of the sound, the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of
the performances."-Trumpeter Chris Botti
--
Chela Robles
E-Mail/GoogleTalk/AIM/MySpace/LinkedIn: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
WindowsLive Messenger: cdrobles693 at hotmail.com
E-Buddy ID: cdrobles693
Skype Name: jazzytrumpet
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/chela.robles
I volunteer for a non-profit organization called Bookshare, to learn more
and to join us, visit: http://www.bookshare.org
Visit my blog piece from Learning Ally and after reading and listening to
the song selection, fill out the form which requires no CAPCHAS unless
you're a robot at:
http://www.learningally.org/Blog/Access-and-Achievement/144/vobId__2525/