[Nfbc-info] social security/need correct info

Eileen Misrahi eileenmis at dslextreme.com
Tue Jul 3 17:25:12 UTC 2012

That is partially true. If one has accrued expenses that are job related and
are needed to do the job, then they are subtracted from the $1690 amount.
That means one can make more, but one needs to be careful not to have a
penny more. Job related expenses can include, but not limited to food,
transportation, uniforms or clothes, guide dog related expenses, assistive
technology expenses, etc. Also, you need to keep all receipts and your check
stubs and submit a report each month (if your SS area branch requests this).
I don't have the web site off hand, but one can Google for the Red Book from
SSA. This will give the guidelines for what is excepted when receiving SSDI.
HTH.

Eileen