[Nfbc-info] social security/need correct info

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 13:21:43 CDT 2012


yes, this is ture and having been involved with this process at different 
times I found that Social Security is very generous as to what it includes 
as job-related expenses so there are many ways to play with the $1690 
figure.
Chuck
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Eileen Misrahi" <eileenmis at dslextreme.com>
To: "'NFB of California List'" <nfbc-info at nfbnet.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 10:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Nfbc-info] social security/need correct info


> That is partially true. If one has accrued expenses that are job related 
> and
> are needed to do the job, then they are subtracted from the $1690 amount.
> That means one can make more, but one needs to be careful not to have a
> penny more. Job related expenses can include, but not limited to food,
> transportation, uniforms or clothes, guide dog related expenses, assistive
> technology expenses, etc. Also, you need to keep all receipts and your 
> check
> stubs and submit a report each month (if your SS area branch requests 
> this).
> I don't have the web site off hand, but one can Google for the Red Book 
> from
> SSA. This will give the guidelines for what is excepted when receiving 
> SSDI.
> HTH.
>
> Eileen
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org] 
> On
> Behalf Of Claude Everett
> Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 8:55 AM
> To: 'NFB of California List'
> Subject: Re: [Nfbc-info] social security/need correct info
>
> The limit of earnings for someone who is blind in 2012 on SSDI,   per 
> month,
> is $1690  that is gross; after that the trial work period begins.
>
>
> Claude Everett
> American By Chance , Californian by Choice.
> Every one has a disability, Some, are more aware of it than others.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbc-info-bounces at nfbnet.org] 
> On
> Behalf Of Lauren Merryfield
> Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:08 AM
> To: NFB of California List
> Subject: [Nfbc-info] social security/need correct info
>
> Hi,
> Someone I know called Social Security twice and got different info.  Is 
> the
> limit for blind persons on SSDI $1100 per month or $1690 per month?  I had
> heard somewhere the limit is $2000 but I don't know where I heard that.
> Thanks
> Lauren
>
> advice from my cats: "meow when you feel like it."
> The most basic of all human needs is the need to understand and be
> understood. The best way to understand people is to listen to them.
> -- Ralph Nichols
> Visit us at catliness.com
> _______________________________________________
> Nfbc-info mailing list
> Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> Nfbc-info:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/ceverett%40dslextreme
> .com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Nfbc-info mailing list
> Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for
> Nfbc-info:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/eileenmis%40dslextrem
> e.com
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Nfbc-info mailing list
> Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for 
> Nfbc-info:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/ckrugman%40sbcglobal.net 





More information about the Nfbc-info mailing list