[Nfbc-info] California has three national scholarship winners

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 9 18:29:40 UTC 2012

Congratulations to the three outstanding California college students who
have been selected as recipients of a national scholarship from the National
Federation of the Blind.  The scholarships will be awarded to them at the
NFB annual convention in Dallas, Texas on July 5, 2012 at the banquet of the
National Federation of the Blind.
They are, Kyra Sweeney (Santa Monica), Rachael Griter (Stockton) and Brandon
Biggs (Mountain View).

I would also like to thank the national scholarship committee for their hard
work in making this decision.  California had over fifty eligible
applicants.  There were over five hundred national applicants.  It must have
been a long arguis process.

I will plan to have the recipients on the agenda at our state convention in
the fall.  If you were an applicant, please don't forget to also apply for a
California state scholarship which will be presented at our state convention
banquet on October 20, 2012.  Those applications will be available on our
website on July 1, 2012.  www.nfbcal.org/scholarships
The NFB of California convention will be held at the Embassy Suites in
Elsugundo on October 18 through 21, 2012.

Mary Willows, President
mwillows at sbcglobal.net