[Nfbc-info] My Op-Ed in today's SF Chronicle

Jonathan Lyens jonathan at lyens.com
Tue Feb 26 20:05:45 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I want to share my Op-Ed that ran in today's San Francisco Chronicle.
The piece focuses on the challenges being faced by people in San
Francisco that rely upon accessible voting machines in order to vote
independently. Personally, I have waited for hours in order to cast my
ballot with the privacy that all voters are guaranteed. People with
disabilities being forced to wait for hours to vote for no other reason
than their disability is not a situation the FDR Democratic Club of San
Francisco is willing to accept. I know this is an issue in other
counties as well, and perhaps worthy of the NFBC making parallel
state-wide efforts to our Club locally in SF.

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Disabled-should-get-to-v
ote-4308025.php
<blocked::http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Disabled-shoul
d-get-to-vote-4308025.php>

Jonathan T. Lyens, MPA
President, FDR Democratic Club of San Francisco
jonathan at lyens.com <mailto:jonathan at lyens.com>

Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/fdrdems
<http://www.facebook.com/fdrdems>
Follow us on Twitter! www.twitter.com/fdrdems