Melissa Haney frommissy2u at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 15:27:10 UTC 2013

Hi Anita,
You would simply contact the department of Rehabilitation in Oakland and request that your case be transferred.the telephone number you can call is 510-622-2764. They will let you know if they require you to wait until you have move or if you can do it now. They may want you to wait so that you can go directly in to the office, but I would certainly call and see what the requirements are in their individual office. If you have any trouble, please reply to this list, as I have some contacts in the Blind Field Services unit.
Best of luck,

Melissa Haney Sanders

On Mar 12, 2013, at 3:38 AM, Anita Ogletree <anita.ogletree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.  My name is Anita.  I have some questions regarding services for the blind in Oakland.
> It is likely that I will be moving to the Oakland area some time in the very near future.  I would like some information about how I can find a counselor to take over my rehabilitation case for that area.
> I am currently enrolled in the braille transcription course.  Upon successful completion I would like to start my own braille transcription service.  I know that it takes time to make a transition from one agency to another.  If possible, I would like to know where I can go in order not to have too much of a delay should I make the move from VA to CA.
> Thank you in advance for your help.
> Anita
> _______________________________________________
> Nfbc-info mailing list
> Nfbc-info at nfbnet.org
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org
> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for Nfbc-info:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbc-info_nfbnet.org/frommissy2u%40yahoo.com

More information about the NFBC-Info mailing list