[Nfbc-info] great convention!

Lauren Merryfield lauren1 at catliness.com
Mon Oct 14 09:28:47 UTC 2013

Hi,

What a wonderful convention we had in Sacramento! It was fun seeing familiar
people and meeting new ones! I appreciated the iPad training, the meetings
and the break-out sessions.  The fellowship and food were great. I didn't
appreciate the labarynthan and long way to the meeting place and guest
rooms, but the hotel staff was great and so were the warm cookies!

The convention was a fun way to spend my birthday! I really like the auction
item I won, the San Francisco bag of goodies, and the very last door prize,
a blender, which I really need!

I really appreciate not having to be perfect in this affiliate, since I am a
multidisabled blind person. Sometimes I am too ill to attend all functions
of a convention but this year, I lucked out and went to everything I'd
planned to attend.

My room mate was a co-worker of mine and it was her first convention so it
was interesting to answer her questions or find someone who could.

Thanks everyone for everything!

Lauren