[Nfbc-info] Community Services Director Job Announcement

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Fri Aug 15 17:59:36 UTC 2014

LightHouse Community Services Director Job Announcement

Are you prepared to lend your talent and enthusiasm to the transformative effect the San Francisco LightHouse for the Blind has had on the lives of blind Northern Californians? Do you want to be dedicated to learning the latest social trends and adaptive products in the blindness field?

If the answer is yes, then please apply for the chance to join a top Community Services team as the Director of Community Services for the San Francisco LightHouse. In recent years the LightHouse has secured new support for innovative programs in training and recreation as we seek to change what it means to be blind in Northern California.

Not only will you be proactively involved in researching and executing a variety of community programs, you will oversee the operation of our on-site store, Adaptations. You will be part of the leadership team's programmatic aspirations as well as a productive contact with the community. And you will have the chance to join an organization known to be unusually close-knit, kind and creative.

Whether your work involves supporting young people and adults or assisting a visitor to make a technology purchase, you will be a part of a 112 year-old tradition of changing lives and providing independence to the many blind individuals who build and share their story at LightHouse offices in San Francisco, Eureka, San Rafael, Berkeley, San Leandro and Enchanted Hills Camp in Napa.

We're looking to hire an imaginative Director with the ability to expand the LightHouse's contact with our community, vendors and supporters.  Few jobs can reward a Director with as much immediate and tangible satisfaction as the LightHouse, as we expand our programs and services.

For the right candidate, the LightHouse may be prepared to offer unusual workplace and schedule flexibility. We look forward to learning how your talents will help us serve the 50,000 blind residents of Northern California.

TO APPLY:
Please review the job description at http://lighthousesf.org/about/careers/director-community-services/. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé as Word attachments, to hr at lighthouse-sf.org, including the job title in the subject line. Thank you.