[Nfbc-info] Fix Work Force Investment Act (WIA)

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 16 01:31:56 UTC 2014

Hello All,

I am forwarding suggested language to use to either call or message Senator
Feinstein and Senator Boxer. Please make the contact ASAP.

For those of you who prefer to call your Senators (rather than send an email
or fax) here is a sample message you can leave:

Hi! My name is Rose Sloan, and I am a constituent of Senator Durbin.  I am
calling to express my objection to language in S. 1356, the Workforce
Investment Act.  Please ask the Senator to offer an amendment that will
strike Section 511 of Title V., which endorses segregated subminimum wage
training and employment, and to remove the language that diminishes the
quality of rehabilitation services by transferring the Rehabilitation
Services Administration from the Department of Education to the Department
of Labor. Thank you!

Some of you may have the chance to talk to staffers in your senators'
offices in more depth.  To learn more information about fixing WIA, please
review our blog post at https://nfb.org/blog/vonb-blog/fix-wia.

Thanks for all of your work. Let's #FixWIA!

Please donate to Braille Enrichment for Learning & Literacy (BELL) by
sending your tax deductible donation to:

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

Thank you!

Mary Willows, President NFBC