[Nfbc-info] Growing up Fisher

Tina Thomas judotina48kg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 17:40:52 UTC 2014

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
SHARE WITH YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS!

Posted on the GDF Facebook page:
Mark your calendars! The Guide Dog Foundation is very excited to share the
following announcement - This new NBC prime time show is based on a GDF grad
getting his first guide dog and the impact it made on his family.

It's officially official! Watch our special preview during the Olympics on
Sunday, February 23 at 10:30/9:30c before we settle into our regular time
period on Tuesday, February 25 at 9:30/8:30c!

The NBC Website about the show:  www.nbc.com/growing-up-fisher
<http://www.nbc.com/growing-up-fisher>

The show's description:
About the Show
It's not every family that's brought closer together by divorce, but then
again, the Fishers are anything but typical. Take Mel Fisher (J.K. Simmons,
"The Closer," "Law & Order"), for example. He's chopping down trees, showing
his daughter how to drive, and playing football with his son. except that
Mel's blind. Then there's Joyce (Jenna Elfman, "Dharma & Greg," "1600
Penn"), who is your typical teenager - really into fashion, busy with school
- but the problem is she's Mom. That makes it difficult for her actual
teenage daughter, Katie (Ava Deluca-Verley, "Southland"), whose advice (and
clothes) Joyce is always seeking. At the center of all this is Henry (Eli
Baker), the Fishers' 11-year-old son. Having always been his dad's eyes and
wingman, Henry is less than thrilled when his job is outsourced to Mel's new
guide dog, Elvis. While the boy is at first reluctant to accept the changes
that Elvis brings, adult Henry (voiceover by Jason Bateman, "Arrested
Development," "Identity Thief") realizes upon reflection that his parents'
split finally allowed the Fishers to become one happy (divorced) family.

Having based the show on his life, DJ Nash ("Up All Night," "Bent") serves
as executive producer along with Bateman, Jim Garavente ("Identity Thief")
and Tucker Cawley ("Up All Night," "Everybody Loves Raymond"). "Growing Up
Fisher" is a production of Universal Television and Aggregate Films.