[Nfbc-info] Michael Couey's Passing

Bryan Bashin bashin at calweb.com
Thu Jan 23 02:20:20 UTC 2014

Mike welcomed me into the Federation 20 years ago and he probably had the
best familiarity with our literature and speeches of anyone I met back then.
In the pre-internet age Mike had gathered tapes, Braille, and all manner of
stories about our formative Federation leadership.  And he loved to share a
quote, a nugget or reading suggestion with me to help me understand what
core Federationism was really about.

I think a great way to honor Mike would be to organize a salon, a retreat or
extended literature  event to savor and discuss the thoughts and philosophy
that mattered most to him.  And to us.

A long weekend would work.  So would a themed state convention or even a
special gathering held at another time when many Californians could
participate.

Bryan