[Nfbc-info] NFBC Community Service Division Call

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 16:44:34 UTC 2014

Greetings Fellow Federationests,
  Thank you very much for your interest in the activities of the newly Chartered  Community Service Division of the National Federation of the Blind of California.
 I am pleased to  contact you after a  successful first ever in-person gathering at our state  convention, and to tell those of you who couldn’t make the meeting   that we were sorry we missed you and wished you could attend.    I want you to know that   it was a very lively gathering  with many excited individuals who want to find more involvement in community service and show the true capabilities of the blind via this avenue. The people who attended  expressed a shared interest to  improve self and build the Federation through service, and we are very excited to get to work on these matters.
  We are planning our first ever phone meeting as a division next sunday, October 19 at 5p.m.
 we will talk a little bit about  why this division is important,what it’s goals are, what we want to be and how we want to go about doing it. This is a great opportunity to get questions answered, share ideas and plan to build something which we all can have a fingerprint on for years to come.
  the call-in information is: (712)432-0140. the access code is 808277#.
 if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at: dsmithnfb at gmail.com
  Thanks so much for your interest, and I look forward to speaking with you soon! Take care,
  Darian