[Nfbc-info] FYI FW: WIOA Proposed Regulations Public Forum

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Thu Apr 30 21:54:14 UTC 2015

From: Xavier, Joe at DOR [mailto:Joe.Xavier at dor.ca.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:59 PM
To: Xavier, Joe at DOR
Subject: WIOA Proposed Regulations Public Forum

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) brings significant
opportunity to improve services for individuals with disabilities,
especially youth with disabilities. There have been no greater legal changes
affecting our programs since the 1992 Rehabilitation Act amendments.

Please join the DOR in our sixth WIOA public forum. At this public forum,
DOR will share information about the proposed federal regulations and
collect stakeholder feedback.

More information about the proposed regulations, including DOR's preliminary
review can be found on  <http://dor.ca.gov/Public/WIOA-Information.html>
DOR's website.

We look forward to hearing your ideas and feedback for the following:

1.      Have you identified any additional issues regarding the pending
regulations that we did not address?

2.      Do you support DOR's approach and plan for commenting on the
proposed regulations?

Webinar details:

Monday, May 11, 2015

10:30 AM to 12:00 PM.

 <https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6400466458638959361> Click here
to register for the webinar.

Once you register, you will receive an email with log-in instructions.

If you do not have access to a computer with audio you may call in:

CALL IN NUMBER: 1 866 901 6455

PARTICIPANT ACCESS CODE: 649 026 191

Individuals who do not access the webinar over the computer will only be
able to submit comments and questions through the  <mailto:WIOA at dor.ca.gov>
WIOA at dor.ca.gov email inbox.

Please plan to log in 15 minutes early.

Thank you,

Joe Xavier

Director

Department of Rehabilitation

Note: The California Department of Rehabilitation, an equal opportunity
employer/program, is holding this event. Auxiliary aids and services are
available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Individuals who
require disability related accommodations must contact the California
Department of Rehabilitation at (916) 558-5833 or  <mailto:WIOA at dor.ca.gov>
WIOA at dor.ca.gov.