[Nfbc-info] starting a deafblind group in California

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Jul 13 16:37:35 UTC 2015

Hello fellow Californians,

                Being both blind and hard of hearing presents a set of
unique challenges, but it, as with blindness by itself, does not hold us
back from living the life we want. There are techniques we can use to access
information which the combination of blindness and hearing loss makes it
more challenging to access. Through support and networking we can learn
these techniques from each other, and through our advocacy we can educate
others about them.

                I would like to schedule a conference call to discuss the
possibility of forming a deafblind group in California. I would like to
schedule it for this Sunday, July 19 at 7 PM. This will be an informal
network of affiliate members who share the common challenge of being blind
and hard of hearing. If you are interested in being a part of this group,
please reply or contact me offlist.

Here's to living the life we want!

Angela Fowler