[Nfbc-info] Kenna California employer require…

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Wed Jul 15 20:17:48 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I'm looking for someone who can address the following question. Can a California employer require sight and hearing as he sensual function of the job if the job requires office work teaching and traveling around the county?

A few weeks ago I received a job announcement. In that job announcement the employer was requiring sight and hearing to perform the functions of the job mentioned above. I did contact someone who I know if the agency and recommended that they remove these items from the job posting.

I received a response from this person that I know at the agency. She reminded me that below this requirement they also included the fact that they would provide reasonable accommodations.

I contend that perform these particular tasks sight and hearing is not required. It seems to me that it's a given that employer would provide reasonable accommodations.

If there are any California statutes regulations or laws addressing this particular topic with someone please send this information to me off-line?

From,
Lisa Irving
peacefulwoman89 at cox.net

Sent from my iPhone