[Nfbc-info] Changing what it means to be blind includes going to an Earth Day celebration

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Apr 18 02:04:56 UTC 2016

Hi,

I thought that I'd share my reflections about my experience at the San Diego
Earth Day celebration Later this week or next week you can check out some
photos with accompanying descriptions at our FB page. Google, NFB San Diego
Chapter" for a link to our FB page.

Changing what it means to be blind also includes, for me, growing in
knowledge about what's happening around me. Today, I learned about
environmental stewardship; healthy eating; eco-friendly cleaning products
and ways for our members to give back to the local community. Board Member,
Lyn, and I rode the city bus to the event; used our canes (we left our guide
dogs at home) and asked a lot of very helpful folks about the booths around
us. Lyn enjoyed a hot dog while I  scarfed down vegan pizza with kayle and
cucumbers on it. I purchased small bag of laundry soap that will last me
almost a year; I only need a tablespoon of the soap to clean my clothes. I
gathered some resources for our chapter members and some information for my
co-workers. I'm a little sunburned and my feet are soar, however, I am
living the life I want and that includes getting out and taking part in
Earth Day 2016.

Lisa   Irving

.