[Nfbc-info] **Job announcement**
peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Tue Apr 26 01:06:42 UTC 2016
I have been asked to circulate the following full-time position. Please
apply and or pass along this announcement.
BLIND COMMUNITY CENTER OF SAN DIEGO
Job Announcement: Executive Director (Full-time)
Established in 1949, the Blind Community Center of San Diego (formerly the
Blind Recreation Center) in Balboa Park, San Diego, California, is a
non-profit, non-sectarian organization devoted to enriching the lives of
blind and visually impaired adults and children, preparing them for a
normal, active life in a society that is principally sighted.
The BBC provides an environment for personal growth, social integration and
interaction, and the development of individual skills and talents. Through
sharing, caring, tolerance and respect, participants develop a sense of
family and community.
The Executive Director works with and supports the Board of Directors of the
Blind Community Center of San Diego (BCC) to advance the mission of the BCC,
define strategic priorities and goals, oversee the implementation of the
strategic plan, and build and develop teamwork among Board members and other
S/He is responsible for the daily administration and good organizational
management of the BCC, sound management of all financial resources and
business operations, fund development, public relations and marketing, and
supervision of all staff. The Executive Director is often called upon to
provide the public face of the organization.
* Ensure consistent and timely progress toward BCC mission achievement as
directed in a Board approved strategic plan.
* Provide financial oversight and ensure fiscal accountability.
* Ensure that BCC's programs and activities serve the blind and visually
impaired and that high program quality is maintained.
* Maintain BCC's official records and documents, ensuring compliance with
federal, state and local laws and regulations.
* Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments blind and
visually impaired areas.
* Oversee maintenance of all databases to ensure all are up-to-date and
* Maintain relationships with the City of San Diego, and other key
* Ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of the physical facility and grounds.
* Ensure the implementation of strategic fundraising goals/objectives, as
identified in the strategic plan.
* Direct and participate in all fundraising efforts including grant
applications, special event, annual fund and major gifts, and corporate
* Ensure active research and submission of grant applications.
* Provide leadership in developing fundraising plans with the Board of
Board Relations and Communications
* Ensure that the Board is kept fully informed, in a timely manner, of all
factors affecting the health of the organization.
* Assist the Board in maintaining and promoting the vision and mission of
* Provide leadership to the Board in developing policies and setting
* Work to engage to Board members in the most optimal way.
* Serve as staff liaison to Board committees as appropriate.
* Work with the Board President to ensure effective and efficient Board
committee structure and operation.
* Assist the President in planning the agenda and materials for the Board
meetings and the annual Board strategic planning retreat.
* Assist in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new Board members
Public Relations and Communications
* Ensure the implementation of strategic communication, marketing, and
membership goals/objectives, as identified in the strategic plan.
* Establish and strengthen working relationships with community partner
* Identify and develop new partnerships including with business and
* Ensure appropriate representation, as a spokesperson, of BCC's goals and
objectives to community and corporate groups and other stakeholders.
* Ensure that any collateral materials-program information, brochures,
flyers and all other publications are in accordance with predetermined
* Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the
* Administer Board approved personnel policies.
* Ensure proper hiring and termination procedures as required by law.
* Oversee any and all disciplinary actions.
* Provide for adequate supervision and evaluation of all staff and
* Encourage staff and volunteer development and education.
* At minimum three to five years in nonprofit environment in executive
leadership or senior management position including program operations and
* At minimum a Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
* Demonstrated success in designing and implementing a comprehensive,
effective fundraising program.
* Exceptionally strong internal communicator, with strategic thinking,
analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Ability to present and persuasively convey the mission of BCC to diverse
groups including members, board members, donors, corporate executives, and
* Willingness to travel and be available for work in the evenings or
weekends related to events or site visits.
* Personal commitment to serving persons with visual impairment.
BCC offers a competitive compensation package, commensurate with experience.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful background check.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Application
process open until position filled.
To Apply: Email in a single submission: one-page letter of interest,
resume, and 3 professional references, salary history and requirements to:
resumes at bccsd.org <mailto:resumes at bccsd.org> .
Use the "Job Code: "BCC" in the subject line. No telephone inquiries calls
or fax submissions, please.
Blind Community Center of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer that
does not discriminate based on religion, race, color, national origin,
More information about the Nfbc-info