[Nfbc-info] A question about calling companies that use a dialin system

David BearSFO at PacBell.NET
Mon Aug 1 23:04:43 UTC 2016

the keypad on your cell phone, or any phone for that matter, is just
a tone generator, so you are just using a different tone generator
instead of the one built-in to your phone - put the dialer right next
to where you talk into your phone [so your dialer is talking on the
phone instead of you]

the difference is your cell phone, unless you have one of those
ancient dumb phone with a real physical keypad, is just a flat
screen, and there is nothing you can do about it [well I guess you
can put a overlay on top of it] to make it easier to find the keys
quickly, versus the dialer has real keys [and you won't be asking the
question if your phone has keys]

--David