[Nfbc-info] Initiating discussion about unlawful discrimination by Uber drivers

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Feb 18 00:34:11 UTC 2016

Sent from my iPhone hello,

I would like to initiate a discussion about ongoing unlawful discrimination by Huber drivers.  To begin with I would like to applaud the effort's of the national Federation of the blind for continuing its diligent work to resolve this issue. Next I would like to hear how you are handling acts of discrimination by Uber drivers. Here is what I have done. I have tried to reason with drivers I have sent letters to Uber support I have even texted the driver and of course I have forwarded my emails to the NF be as of last Wednesday I documented my ninth complaint to the goober support team. Yes, it gets worse. Last Friday I was denied ride service three times yes three times. I was charged a cancellation fee for one of the rides I have filed a complaint with Uber support as well as my credit card company. It is more about the principal then the money. I am not sure what else to do on my end. Yes, my guy dog is well groomed and well behaved I am well mannered and well dressed and make it a point to contact the driver to ask him to look for me because I am visually impaired. Based on my experience the acts of unlawful discrimination are increasing. I feel frustrated I am tired of missing appointments or getting to the bank after it closes. Please share your thoughts and any solutions you have found to decrease or illuminate acts of discrimination.

Thoughtfully yours,
Lisa Irving
By the way I sincerely apologize for some of the odd wording in this message. I am using the not so reliable dictate feature on my phone