[Nfbc-info] Don't fall for this scam!

Nancy Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Wed Feb 17 20:41:24 UTC 2016

I got this from another list and thought others should see it as well.
I want to urge all of you not to fall for a particularly vicious and despicable phone scam that seems to be going on now and that may be targeted toward the elderly. I have experienced this myself and, although i knew it was a scam, I still found it a little frightening and it made me very angry. You get a phone call informing you that you are being sued by the IRS and must take immediate action to avoid being arrested or having legal actions taken against you. This is a scam. Don't fall for it! The IRS would not make such calls. Information to taxpayers would be mailed and would not involve threats. I received three recorded phone calls on my iPhone. the message informed me that I was being sued by the IRS and that this was my final warning. i was further told to call a number at "our department" to get the details of the suit against me. Each time the number to call was different. I knew this was a scam so i ignored the calls and they stopped. but I hear from news reports that people are falling for this and sending money to stop the legal action. People are naturally scared when they get threatening calls supposed to be from the government so they fall for this trick. don't be a victim of this. I suspect that most of you are smart enough not to be tricked by these calls but please share this information with friends or family  members who you think might be vulnerable to this scam. I wasn't sure who to report the calls to so I did nothing but I wish now I had done some follow-up. This was also talked about on KMOX news this week. So ignore the calls if you get them and just hang up.