[Nfbc-info] Initiating discussion about unlawful discrimination by Uber drivers

Charles Krugman ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 22 07:02:14 UTC 2016

This is one of the problems with the lack of regulation of Uber and similar
companies that don't adequately train and monitor their personnel. I for one
don't feel comfortable using Uber for many reasons and continue to use
regular taxi or other public transit when I need to.  While people might
save money using the company their business principles leave much to be
desired. The mass murder suspect in Kalamazoo Michigan was driving for Uber
at the time he was preparing to commit his murders and reported posts state
that he was driving and acting in a very reckless manner while carrying
fares. I realize this doesn't answer your question but when you deal with
such a loosely structured organization that really doesn't take adequate
responsibility for its actions this is what you get and you may not get an
adequate resolution until the company is sued and it costs them money
because of their irresponsibility.
Chuck