[Nfbc-info] Initiating discussion about unlawful discrimination by Uber drivers

Tim Elder tim at timeldermusic.com
Fri Feb 26 20:45:57 UTC 2016

Lisa raises a good point.  Our legal team is working hard to complete a
settlement that will make a major difference on this issue.  The case
focuses on how to change Uber's policies and practices so that future
denials do not occur.  For now, individuals who experience discrimination
should do three things:
1.  Report the denial to Uber/Lyft so a strike is recorded on the driver's
account (this leads to termination.  If you don't report it to Uber/Lyft,
then it is possible that the driver may get a free pass to injure someone
else in the future.)
2.  Report the incident to our legal team (telder at trelegal.com or
410.415.3493).  We may not get back to you immediately, but we do track all
the incidents that are reported to us in a database.
3.  Document all of the information for the denials such as
time/date/location, etc.  Often, including this information in an email to
Uber/Lyft and then keeping a copy of the email thread is a good way to
document the information before you forget it or it disappears from the app
history log.

Stay tuned for future updates about settlement progress.