[Nfbc-info] question about office management not filling out apt app forms

Chela Robles cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 04:21:45 UTC 2016

Well I recently had a similar issue but in regards to the following sites:
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/contracosta
https://www.governmentjobs.com/Applications/Index/concordca
where I had to fill out my profile to obviously find a job on these
sites and there were items like the state and country and you had to
select years and even type of schooling and certificates and even
volunteer for that section of the profile and I had to have sighted
assistance to help me fill it out and yes, it took me three hours to
complete, because the site kept timing us out and the WiFi was spotty
but I got it done. I think it is how certain things read with JAWS and
other screen readers like in my case, JAWS 17 would say the state and
not tell me whether it was selected or not and it would tell me if it
was clickable but I couldn't simulate a mouse click wherein it be
selected or not with JAWS. So, my guess is that the online application
might be this way for housing in your situation, so in that case, have a
sighted relative or sighted friend help you out as the last resort. I
don't have many, but I did have my tech friend Nathan Dyer help me out.
Just a thought, perhaps you might know someone personally who would be
able and willing to help you out in exchange say for a coffee or
something. I bought my friend his Starbucks coffee and he didn't even
know it because he thought it was a separate order until I told him in
the car. It totally makes a person's day after they help someone to do
them a RAK, (Random Act of Kindness) does it not? He told me that what I
did for him was the best way to thank him for taking time out of his
schedule to help me fill out inaccessible forms online and that he never
expected it! So, go for it and go the extra mile and ask someone you know.

--
You can live the life you want. your disability is not what holds you back. Use your disability to break down common barriers and misconceptions. You can do this!
E-mail: cdrobles693 at gmail.com
Skype: jazzytrumpet
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with us,visit: http://www.bookshare.org/
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space and 500 Megabytes as is this is my referral link to you: http://db.tt/XpUTe0E