[Nfbc-info] FW: Adrisa babyfund

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 24 23:30:13 UTC 2016

Hello All:

I am forwarding a link to what I am calling a “virtual baby shower” for Idrisa and her soon to arrive baby boy.  If you attended the fall convention of the National Federation of the Blind of California, you might remember that I commented that beginning in the spring Idrisa would probably be too busy to help us in the office.  I tried to think of a way for us to hold a Federation style baby shower for her but getting together was not an option.  So I came up with the idea of a “Go fund me” account rather than trying to get everyone together in the same room for a traditional baby shower.

Idrisa has been working for the NFB of California for almost eight years.  She is at every convention working behind the scenes.  She has gotten to know many of you and I know when her life settles back down into a routine, she will be back.

If you haven’t used Go fund me before here is what to expect.

When you click on the link below, it will take you to the Go fund me baby boy Idrisa page.

Scroll down to where you here Idrisa’s message about the arrival of the new baby.

The next link is “Donate now”.  Click on that one.

It will ask you how much you want to give and then it will ask for your credit card information.

You should receive a receipt sent to your email address after you submit or confirm your gift.

She still needs those big ticket items like a car seat, stroller, high chair and bassinette…

Thanks,

Mary

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)

3934 Kern Court

Pleasanton, CA 94588

925-462-8575

Thank you,