[Nfbc-info] Introduction

Mary Willows mwillows at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 17 18:53:34 UTC 2016

Dear Cricket:
It was a pleasure getting to know you at the national convention.  Your talk
was one of the more inspirational ones on the agenda.  It is so rewarding to
hear a young person express a desire to give back instead of take, take,
take.
Carla Scroggins is the President of our California Association of Blind
Students (CABS)
I know she will see this message and get in touch with you.

Please apply for the California Scholarship Program.  The application will
be out this week.  I can already recommend that you keep your calendar clear
for the weekend of October 21, 22 and 23 so you can attend the California
convention at the Embassy Suites South Hotel  LAX.  The focus this year will
be on young people and you are definitely one of them.

All the Best-
Mary Willows

The National Federation of the blind knows that blindness is not the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

National Federation of the Blind of California (NFBC)
3934 Kern Court
Pleasanton, CA 94588
925-462-8575

Thank you,