[Nfbc-info] Uber driver charges my credit card for

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Fri Jun 10 01:36:04 UTC 2016

Hi All,

I thought that I'd bring to your attention a very recent Uber experience I
encountered. I received an email this afternoon from Uber. They "corrected"
the fare that I was charged for last night's ride.

The driver charged me for his time "to clean the car". I know that I didn't
eat cookies and I know that I didn't have sand on my feet. (I wish I had
sand on my feet). Lol. I also know that I always ask the driver if she/he
would like me to place my guide dog on the floor up front with me, or in the
back on the floor with me. The dog rode on the floor and I sat on the seat.

I have disputed the charge to my credit card and I did send a message to
Uber Support. I requested to have this matter escalated to the team
responsible for looking into discrimination against passengers traveling
with service animals.

I know 'tis the season for dogs to shed and that is why I and many
responsible guide dog handlers brush our dogs every day.

I hope my experience isn't the first of a new form of discrimination by Uber
drivers against those of us with service animals.

From,

Lisa Irving