[Nfbc-info] Today I soloed up a 60 foot rock climbing wall in Lake Tahoe IMG_2521.JPG

Lisa Irving peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Mon Jun 5 01:06:29 UTC 2017

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_2521.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 162237 bytes
Desc: not available
-------------- next part --------------

Sent from my iPhone hello,

I would like to share with you part of my life changing experience this weekend at the Eric why mayor no barriers Summit in Lake Tahoe do you know barriers foundation uses outdoor recreation and life-changing principles to empower people with all types of disabilities to conquer in word, outward, small and large hurdles and to challenge our way of thinking here are some of the activities I participated in this weekend not to mention all of the really nice people I met including a graduate from the Colorado Center for the blind and a blind barista

Friday morning I rode in a two person kayak on Donner Lake. The view was stellar the lake was calm and the instructor was helpful but not overly helpful. Saturday morning I went on a 6 mile hike up in the mountains. We hiked and dirt through mud over snow across rock and near creeks Eric why my air spend some time with me. He taught me how to use hiking poles as guides I learn to work with my guide. The guy made sure I did most of the work. It was exhilarating and breathtaking and peaceful now, I feel like I can participate in a hiking club or other hiking programs

This morning I went rock climbing. Sounds simple? No way!. It's a whole Lotta work for your feet and your legs trusting your senses and using your hands and listening to the instructor on the ground The 60 foot rock wall had large crevices small cracks and a number of flat areas before reaching the top. I was exhausted I wanted to quit and I kept looking up and would not quit descending the wall was equally hard. I don't mean physically; I mean emotionally. That's because I had to put my hands out to the side lean backwards in a harness and walk down the wall that was scary and amazing and I'm so glad I had this awesome opportunity hope you can come to no barriers next year

From Lisa Irving