[Nfbc-info] Oppose HR 620 Resources

tim at timeldermusic.com tim at timeldermusic.com
Thu Feb 8 16:24:23 UTC 2018

Many of us who have been working on our Washington Seminar agenda items may
find the following resources helpful to push back against HR 620.  Please do
your part and let your representatives know that the ADA is important to you
and the National Federation of the Blind.

Advocacy tools and suggestions:

*****Petition remains up and taking sign ons***************

The Don't Tread on My ADA petition remains up!

We are at: 16,689 Sign ons

It will be sent to ALL of the House Representatives offices on Monday the
12th at 12:00pm ET!!  If there are added sign ons!

Please send all you know to sign on and leave comments - the staffers can
see those - if you leave a comment make sure your state is bold and seen in
the comment!

https://www.change.org/p/dara-baldwin-don-t-tread-on-my-ada-vote-no-for-ada-
education-reform-act-of-2017-h-r-620

US Congress Twitter handles website - there is a map of the country just
click on the state you want House and Senate members Twitter handles:
<http://www.tweetcongress.org/home> http://www.tweetcongress.org/home

TownHall Project website - you click on the state and see where
congressional members will hold town halls:  <https://townhallproject.com/>
https://townhallproject.com/

The House is on recess and Town Halls are planned starting tomorrow!

See a list of Town Hall meetings being held by some Cosponsors of H.R. 620
go and tell them you oppose this bill.