[Nfbc-info] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] Summer Undergraduate Internship at The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab at Johns Hopkins University

EverHairston ever.hairston at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 20:38:53 UTC 2018

Ever Lee Hairston, President
H: 323 654.2975
C: 323 252.9188
ever.hairston at gmail.com

You Can Live The Life You Want

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Blake, Lou Ann via NFBNet-Members-List" <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: February 7, 2018 at 7:44:11 PM PST
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Summer Undergraduate Internship at The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab at Johns Hopkins University

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore Maryland invites applications for a summer undergraduate research internship. The selected intern will have an opportunity to get involved in various aspects of the psychology and cognitive neuroscience research process, including stimulus design, data collection and analysis.

About our lab: The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab investigates how experience shapes human cognition and brain function using methods such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) and behavioral measures. As part of our research we compare the minds and brains of populations with different development experiences, including blind and sighted individuals. The lab is specifically interested in the effects of experience on higher-order cognitive processes such as language, conceptual reasoning, memory, reading and numerical thinking.

For more information about the Neuroplasticity & Development Lab please go to our website:

http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/

How to apply: Interested applicants should email a completed application form (attached to this email) along with their resume/CV and an unofficial transcript to plasticity_lab at jhu.edu. Please include your name and the words “Summer Internship Application” in the subject line. Note that the application must be completed in full to receive consideration. The latest deadline for applying is March 30th, however applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and earlier submission of materials is preferable.

To be eligible to apply, applicants must be full time undergraduate students currently enrolled at an undergraduate institution who are visually impaired. A strong interest in psychology, cognitive science or neuroscience is required. Preference will be given to candidates who have prior relevant coursework and/or experience. This is a competitive opportunity. Only 1 intern will be accepted into the laboratory.

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org