[Nfbc-info] 24 hours left to apply for the Holman Prize for Blind Ambition!

LightHouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired lhnews at lighthouse-sf.org
Tue Feb 27 19:57:39 UTC 2018

Applications for the Holman Prize close tomorrow, February 28, at 12 p.m. PST.

Apply now!<https://holman.lighthouse-sf.org/apply/>
?

Have you always wanted to create an accessible app to explore your world? Lead an expedition to Antarctica? Start a community farm? Connect fellow blind people on every continent? We want to hear about it and any other ambitions we might never have imagined.

Applications for the Holman Prize, LightHouse for the Blind<http://www.lighthouse-sf.org/>'s annual $25,000 award for blind creators and adventurers, are simple. Just take a few minutes to record a 90-second YouTube video, 5 minutes to fill out the application<http://holman.lighthouse-sf.org/apply/> and BAM! You've applied for the Holman Prize.

We're not looking for anything fancy: we just want to hear about you and what kind of project you would undertake with the prize money. And don't forget - social voting continues until March 7 at noon PST, so keep sharing those videos on social media and garnering support from your communities.

For some inspiration, check out this Facebook Live Q&A<https://www.facebook.com/lighthousesf/videos/2126362800727008/>, where we highlight some of our 2017 videos<https://youtu.be/RaBef3zywxI> - almost all of which were shot with a phone in one take.

For more information on how to apply, visit our website: www.holmanprize.org<http://www.holmanprize.org/>.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact Max Levenson, Holman Prize Coordinator, at MLevenson at lighthouse-sf.org<mailto:MLevenson at lighthouse-sf.org>.

Thank you, and we can't wait to hear from you!?

?

Despite damage from the Napa fires, we are pleased to reopen Enchanted Hills Camp for Summer 2018!<http://lighthouse-sf.org/2018/01/30/enchanted-hills-camp-back-with-a-full-camp-schedule-for-the-2018-season/>