[Nfbc-info] Amazon issue

Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net Peacefulwoman89 at cox.net
Thu Nov 29 17:37:05 UTC 2018

Lauren,

I hear what you're saying. I'm not trying to take you to the mat. I'm trying
to make a case for some mostly minor but obvious access issues with the
Amazon site. That's why I asked you to help us understand what specifics
you're encountering.

I had to chuckle when two of the folks who responded to my post also happen
to be wonderfully tech-saavy folks. Matter of fact, Robert makes his living
teaching assistive technology. I'd place his knowledge at a superior level.
I have tremendous respect for Robert and others who have the ability to
teach assistive technology. On the other hand, that is not a representation
of the overall ability-level of the blind population using Amazon's access
features.

I'm a problem-solver, or at least I try to move in that direction. I found
some work-arounds, but I also found unlabeled graphics and unlabeled or
problematic buttons and wrote a letter. I asked if NFB is still working with
AMAZOn. I wanted to know if so, how I get in touch with that person. What I
got instead was, it works for me. Lol.

Lisa Irving