[Nfbc-info] Welcome from Tim Elder and Important Voting Update in Alameda County

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Wed Oct 31 18:57:43 UTC 2018

Welcome:

Dear Federationists,

I'm honored and humbled to serve as your next President of the National
Federation of the Blind of California.  I appreciate your support and
confidence in my vision for the affiliate.  I'm spending the next few weeks
learning the ropes.  I want to better understand how we operate before we
start considering new initiatives.  Much needs to be done as we transfer to
the new administration.  I appreciate your patience as we put our email,
phone line and other administrative items in place.  Don't hesitate to send
me your thoughts and concerns: president at nfbcal.org
<mailto:president at nfbcal.org> .  Specifically, our board will next be
looking at convention 2019, what we can do to improve upon our meeting in
Los Angeles and where we ought to convene next year.

Voting in Alameda County:

A recent development from our direct advocacy will offer voters in Alameda
an exciting option for this election cycle.  Voters with print disabilities
can sign up to use the new remote ballot marking system in this election by
visiting the "My Voter Profile" section of the Alameda County Registrar of
Voters' website (https://www.acvote.org/app/voterprofile).

This is a very recent change and is a sign of more to come throughout the
other counties in California.  Elections are important.  Please be sure to
exercise your right to cast an independent and private vote as we all work
to enforce these rights in California.