[Nfbc-info] Call for draft resolutions

Bryan Bashin bashin at calweb.com
Wed Sep 5 14:10:40 UTC 2018

NFBC members,

Have you ever grown angry  about a local  government or business that
follows a policy that gets in the way of blind people?  Have you ever seen
blind people in California treated unfairly, differently or in ways which
don't promote the kind of world we want to live in?  If so, this email
invites you to do something about it.

Each year, the NFB of California solicits draft resolutions which seek to
put the whole weight of the organization behind a new policy, a condemnation
or a note  of appreciation for those who help bring  about the world in
which we want to live.  The Resolutions Committee of the NFBC is now
actively seeking draft resolutions from any member to help advance the
situation of blind Californians.

Your draft resolutions do not have  to be technically perfect.  That's why
we are calling them draft resolutions.  But they do need to address policies
rather than individual situations. And they should be about  policies or
practices that happen right here in California especially.  Finally, your
draft resolution needs to reach the committee in time for us to work with
you to make it in proper form.

So  we're welcoming you to think hard about such resolutions and email
drafts, questions or proposals directly to me.  And in no case later than
October 10th at 5:00 pm.

Please email directly off-list to:

Bryan Bashin
Resolutions Committee Chair
bashin at calweb.com

Thanks for your thoughts, hard work and passion.

Bryan