[NFBC-Info] Important Bowling for Bucks RSVP and Checks Clarification

Allison adepner1425 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 16:20:36 UTC 2019

If you plan to attend our first Bolwling for Bucks fund raiser as a
spectator,you must not only RSVP, but send your $50 check to Allison Depner
4943 West Point Loma, Blvd. San Diego, CA 92107 before September 14. If we
don't receive your check before that date, you will be required to order and
pay for your own food. Make your check payable toNFBCA, San Diego. This
information is included in the revised announcement which appears below and
is attached.

NFBCA, San Diego Chapter

Bowling For Bucks Fund Raiser

The first NFBCA, San Diego Chapter Bowling for Bucks fund raising event will
take place on

Saturday, September 21 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM. We are looking forward to a
both fun and fund filled afternoon.

We invite you to support our efforts to raise funds for our many projects
such as developing our first San Diego Bell (Braille Enrichment learning and
Literacy) Academy, creating a Meet the Blind Month educational activity, and
other NFB related projects.

Where?

930 Market Street

San Diego, CA 92101

How does Bowling for Bucks Work?

Each NFBCA, SD chapter member who has signed up to be a bowler will ask
individuals to agree to pledge to donate at least 50 cents  per pin that the
bowler knocks down during this event. Thus, if Joe Schmo agrees to pledge 50
cents per pin that I knock down, and I manage to actually knock down 100
pins, Joe will owe NFBCA, SD 50 dollars.

There are several ways you can help our chapter raise funds. Read on for
details.

How Can You Help NFBCA, SD?

1.      Make A Pledge

Contact me or our Bowling For Bucks committee chair, Luis Gutierrez, and ask
to have your name and how much per pin you wish to pledge to be added to one
of our bowler's pledge sheets. We will also ask for your contact information
at that time. We'll let you know whose pledge sheet your name has been added
to so you'll know who to cheer on. We are asking that pledges be at least a
minimum of 50 cents per pin. Of course we would love for each and every one
of you to join us for the event, but we know this won't be possible for
everyone. No worries, you don't have to be present to make a pledge. After
the event, all those who pledged will be contacted and informed of how many
pins were knocked down by the bowler on whose sheet that individual's name
is on. If you do pledge and you want to be there to cheer on your bowler,
please, please let me know so I can keep count of attendees. We have
reserved enough food for 20 people. After the 20th person attendee has
RSVP'ed we will need to ask that anyone else pay for his or her own food
(that is in addition to the pledge per-pin). Thus, it pays to RSVP early.

2.      Be a Spectator

If you don't prefer to make a per-pin pledge, you can help make this event a
success is by attending as a spectator. We are asking for a donation of
$50.00 for those who wish to just hang out, watch us bowl, and enjoy some
yummy snacks provided by the Tavern Bowl. $21 of your $50 donation will
cover the cost of the food and soft drinks. The remaining portion will be
used to support our NFB work. It is important to RSVP and send your check to
Allison Depner or Luis Gutierrez before September 14, so we will have time
to order more food if necessary. If we don't receive your check before
September 14, you will be required to order andpay for your own food.

3.      Be a Sponsor

Contact me or Luis Gutierrez and let us know how much you would like to
donate toward covering the cost of organizing this event. Make checks
payable to NFBCA, San Diego. Send your contribution to Allison Depner, 4943,
West Point Loma Blvd. San Diego, 92107.

To RSVP, make a pledge, or get more details, please contact me, Allison
Depner, or Luis Gutierrez, our Bowling for Bucks committee chair. Our
contact information is below.

Allison Depner

(619) 952-2352

Adepner1425 at gmail.com

4943 West Point Blvd.

San Diego, CA 92107

Luis Gutierrez

619-885-1480

manongrassyknoll at gmail.com

Thank you for supporting the National Federation of the Blind of California,
San Diego chapter.

Respectfully,

Allison Depner

NFBCA, SD President