[NFBC-Info] FW: Job Opportunity at Vista Center

president at nfbcal.org president at nfbcal.org
Thu Jul 23 15:12:41 UTC 2020

Job posting below for an LCSW with a California blindness agency.

Alice Turner

Director of Community and Corporate Relations

Vista Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired

aturner at vistacenter.org <mailto:aturner at vistacenter.org>

Cell: 650 388-0095

Social Worker LCSW Preferred Job Opportunity

We are seeking a full time Social Worker at Vista Center for the Blind and
Visually Impaired, headquartered in Palo alto, CA.  We are looking for an
experienced social worker to provide in- home psychosocial assessments, case
management services, counseling, and support group services to agency
clients. Social work at Vista Center is gratifying as the staff follow and
facilitate the clients' progress through the journey of adjusting to vision
loss. Most clients become more hopeful during this process and find that
they can pursue their life goals through participating in programs and
services to maintain independence. This position can work out of our Palo
Alto or San Jose Offices.

Strong preference for current California LCSW with an MSW from a CSWE
accredited university Experience in individual assessments and one on one
and group counseling required Experience with clients with disabilities or
complex medical conditions and with older adults very helpful Must provide
own transportation will be reimburse mileage Job Type: Full-time

Benefits:

*       Health Insurance

*       Dental Insurance

*       Flexible Schedule

*       Life Insurance

*       Retirement Plan

*       Vision Insurance

COVID-19 considerations:

Currently we are providing services virtually using phone, Zoom and other
technology.

To apply:

Send your resume to Sharon Hudson, COO, Vista Center

shudson at vistacenter.org <mailto:shudson at vistacenter.org>

Sharon Hudson, COMS, CVRT

Chief Operating Officer

Vista Center for the Blind and Visually