[NFBC-Info] Student Division elections 2020

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 15:42:02 UTC 2020

Hey folks,

Sorry for the long email. We are so excited to be approaching the
state convention, and we hope you’ll join us--it will be much easier
since it's virtual this year. One challenge many chapters and
divisions are facing is how to conduct elections; CABS is no
exception. Below, I’ve outlined the procedure that the current CABS
board has agreed upon. If you have any questions, please email any or
all of us; we want to promote fairness.

President Cricket Bidleman:  cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Vice President Mary Church:  churchm94 at gmail.com
Secretary Gene Kim:  gene.sh.kim at gmail.com
Treasurer Barbara Harrison:  harrison.barbara679 at gmail.com
Board member Kyle Garcia:  kgarcia2432 at gmail.com

We ask that everyone who wishes to become a CABS member (or to
maintain CABS membership) Venmo Rochelle Houston $5--the annual
membership dues. Anyone can be a member. Rochelle's venmo username is
Rochelle-Houston-1. In the description field, please write CABS dues
2020. In addition, please email me ( cricketbidleman at gmail.com) so I
can confirm your payment. Membership dues are welcome at any time, but
to run or vote for elections, your payment must be received by the end
of October 1st, 2020. An email will be sent to all dues-paying members
on the morning of October 2nd, 2020 as a reminder of election
procedures. Anyone can be a CABS member, but in order to run for the
board you must be attending a California school. You can live
anywhere, but you must be attending at least one class in a California
school, either in-person or online. Anyone running for a board
position will have until the end of October 15, 2020 to send me an
audio or video clip of their campaign speech. Clips may not exceed one
minute in length.

On the morning of October 16, 2020,  an email with campaign speeches
and a voting Google form  will be sent to all dues-paying members
whose payments were received by the end of October 1st, 2020. Only one
vote per person will be counted. If you want to change your vote, you
may submit a second form with your name, followed by (official) or
something similar. Each person will have until the end of the day
prior to the CABS business meeting to place their votes; any vote
received after that deadline will not be counted. I can't provide an
exact date yet, but a deadline will be provided by October 2nd, 2020.

All officer and board member positions are up for election. Officer
positions are president, VP, secretary, and treasurer.  As per the
constitution, the current president may declare if we have one or
three board members. If only one or two people run for board member,
we will have one board member position. If three or more people run
for board member, we will have three board member positions; the
candidates with the three largest numbers of votes will be Board
Members 1, 2, and 3. Each term is one year in length. Since I am
running for president again, I will ensure that a neutral third party
reviews the voting results. Ideally, that person will also present the
results at the CABS business meeting. Yay for cameos!

This is the election process, which has been reviewed by the current
CABS board and Rochelle. Got questions or comments? Email one of the
addresses above and we'll get those answered as soon as possible.
Remember that you can become a CABS member at any time, but in order
to run or vote this year, dues must be received by the end of October
1st, 2020. We hope you have a great rest of the summer, and we can't
wait to see you at the CABS business meeting!

Best,
CXB

--
Cricket X. Bidleman (she/her/hers)