[NFBC-Info] From My Friend in Education:

Paul Howard pch2127 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:46:36 UTC 2020

--
Paul C. Howard

Shutdown for STEM, Black Lives Matter   Inbox
 info at independencescience.com<nick at independencescience.com> Thu, Jun 11, 2020

Your Headline: Focused and to the point

To the Independence Science Community:

On behalf of Independence Science, I wanted to take a moment and share
with you my extreme disgust for what has been going on in our society
over these last two weeks. We were deeply shocked, heart-broken and
outraged by the death of George Floyd - a tragedy that should clearly
not be tolerated by society. As a former resident of the Minneapolis
area, I am disheartened to witness the police brutality that has
occurred in a place I have called my home.

Independence Science was founded on the philosophy of inclusion for
all learners in science education. It is clear that our commitment to
inclusive learning is more important now than ever before. It is our
founding philosophy that opportunities in society should be open to
all no matter race, age, gender, disability, ethnic background,
orientation, and religion. I am here to listen to everyone’s thoughts,
feelings, and concerns on racial equality in our country, where it
exists, and where we are falling short of expectation. I know that we
can learn a great deal from one another.

Independence Science promotes open communication between persons with
disabilities and educators. We have encountered faculty with lower
expectations of our abilities based on disability. Every member of our
team of blind scientists has encountered barriers and even denial to
participation in education, jobs, and society. For far too long, our
African-American friends and neighbors have experienced this variation
of expectation, barriers and denial to participation in the life and
promise of their country.

It is time for society to raise the bar on equality for all in our
society, reset on a path to a more perfect union, and fulfill the
promise of America.

We at Independence Science wanted you, our community, to know we are
absolutely committed to promoting equality for all members of our
society here at home and abroad. If you have thoughts on how we can do
more to promote this commitment, please don’t hesitate to send us your
feedback.

We look forward to continue promoting a more inclusive learning
experience for students with disabilities. We publicly state that
black lives do matter and we stand for equality for all.

Sincerely,

Mr. Supalo, Independence Science

Kind regards,
Company / Team

©2020 Independence Science | 3000 KENT AVE, West Lafayette, IN 47906-10775