[NFBC-Info] Upcoming Events for the Central Valley Chapter

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:22:02 UTC 2020

Hello, Everyone:

Can you believe that we are already almost a third of the way through October?

It is Meet The Blind Month, and there is a lot going on for the
Central Valley Chapter.

Tomorrow, October 10, is our chapter business meeting at 10:00 AM. We
will be taking care of some state convention business, and a
representative from the Stanislaus County Registrar’s Office will be
there to talk to us and to answer questions about accessible voting in
the upcoming election. To attend, just call 508-924-1524.

Also tomorrow at 2:00 PM, we will have a Meet The Blind Zoom reception
for members of the community, and anyone else who is interested, to
talk to chapter members, get to know us better, and ask any burning
questions they may have about blindness. To join, either go to
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86501271854
or call
+16699006833,,86501271854#.

On Monday, October 12, we have our bi-weekly tech talk at 4:30 PM.
This is a chance for you to ask questions about using the
accessibility features on your smart phone. To join, go to
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/510839253?pwd=QlVlb2tYTW5rRDd4MlpoTDNEc0VFdz09
or call
+16699006833,,510839253#,,#,009343#;.

On Saturday, October 17, we have a fundraiser at Chipotle Mexican
Grill at 1801 McHenry Ave
 In Modesto between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM. If you order food from there,
either in person or online, during that time, making sure to show the
below flyer at check-out, the Central Valley Chapter will receive 33%
of your order. The link to the flyer, as well as the code for ordering
online, is below.

https://socialportal.chipotle.com/fundraiser/social/partner/portal/8EB2NoG4gr2yMhxIBceoQJ0uUZ7mXj9fAs3aoFZPBV2R1kyTVJlNRTY9foUHPhFS530UnmHopgQHCXN54FPk5NFpx7kZLJJJkg5Zu4AV1bZw9xj9JY4PiOkPEHCjfldE/4202010171620

Lastly, don’t forget to register for our California State Convention,
being held virtually from October 22-October 25. You can now register
for free through next Thursday, October 15. Go to nfbcal.org for
information on how to register and to find a great deal of other
information about convention.

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day, and I hope to see
you at some of our upcoming events!

Rachel

Rachel Grider
President, Central Valley Chapter
Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of California