[NFBC-Info] Deaf blind division organizing meeting announcement!

maurice Mines maurice at maurice-amines.com
Fri Feb 19 22:29:42 UTC 2021

Dear friends,
I’m writing to invite you to a meeting of the national Federation of the blind deaf blind division of California organizing meeting.
The purpose of this meeting to be held on March 13, 2021 is to continue to discuss the formation of a statewide division of deaf blind people.
Our goals are simple at this time to form a cohesive group that will allow us to advocate for special support services here in the state of California. In addition the group will serve as a core group of deaf blind people who are consumers of captioning during large events of the national Federation of the blind of California and the national Federation of the blind as a whole.

In addition we will also discuss the potential forming of this group into a division of the national Federation of the blind of California that will be affiliated to the national deaf blind division. A proud division of the national Federation of the blind. I look forward to talking with as many of you as I can on March 13, 2021. The meeting will begin at 3 PM. If you need and/or desire human captioning please let me know as soon as you can. My fellow national board member of the division has graciously agreed to be a human captioniner if one is needed to help facilitate this meeting.

I also wanted to let you know,  that the Zoom  information for this meeting is coming soon. I’d like to take a moment to thank state board member Veronica Martinez for graciously agreeing to host this meeting so that I can focus on facilitating this meeting, and paying appropriate attention to all of your thoughts, and concerns.

Very truly yours in the national Federation of the blind, Maurice Mines.
Maurice Mines, Board Member National Federation of the Blind Deafblind Division Email: board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org <mailto:board4 at nfbdeaf-blind.org> Website: www.nfbdeaf-blind.org <http://www.nfbdeaf-blind.org/> Live the life you want. The National Federation of the Blind Deafblind Division, a proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.