[NFBC-Info] Keeping up with CABS

Cricket X. Bidleman cricketbidleman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 00:22:14 UTC 2021

Hey folks,

It’s another edition of Keeping Up with CABS, brought to you by your
favorite under-caffeinated student. That’s right—no caffeine, but tons
of homework!

Just a few announcements this time. First, we are having a rookie
round-up of our own on Saturday at 7:00 PM, geared toward students.
Come join us in the usual Zoom room of doom on Saturday at 7:00 PM.
Here’s the Zoom link, in case you’ve ignored my many other emails,
though why you would do that I certainly can’t imagine.
TinyURL.com/CXBZoomRoom. We’ll answer those questions and provide a
space to chat. Remember, that’s Saturday at 7:00 PM.
tinyURL.com/CXBZoomRoom

Also, convention is coming up, and we are very excited. Keep an eye
out for some cool fundraisers that we have in the pipeline. I also put
together our auction basket but I have to warn you, those NABS people
are very excited for it. It’s a bunch of tasty, exotic international
snacks that everyone can enjoy. And, guess what? It actually comes
with a basket!

We are also continuously collecting dues, which are required to
provide you with the privilege to both vote and to run in elections.
You are of course required to be a student at a California school to
run for a position, and you also have to adhere to the national
membership guidelines, but we encourage everyone who has paid to vote,
regardless of student status. Democracy is a cornerstone of our
organization. I am stepping down from the presidency, so that is up
for grabs as well. Venmo me your dues--$5, which will stay good  until
the end of December 2022. My username is @cricketbidleman. Spare
yourself one cappuccino to support California students. Send me $5,
with your name and CABS dues in the memo line. This part is very
important for record-keeping purposes! Even if I know you, or even if
your username is your name like mine is, put it in the memo line.

And that’s about it. Fun fact: a puppuccino is a free thing from
Starbucks. It’s basically a free cup of whipped cream. Exploit your
dog by bringing them to Starbucks to get free, extra whipped cream for
your favorite drink. But do remember that dairy is bad for dogs…
Before I make more enemies, I’ll be back to that homework.

Cheers,
Cricket

--
Cricket X. Bidleman, B.A (she/her/hers)
M.A Candidate | Stanford Journalism Class of 2022